As many of you are aware, The Recovery Centre has been shut down for some time due to a fire at the facility. We are now slowly beginning to reopen and offer our services again. We are currently beginning to take requests and make arrangements for traps rentals.
Please note that enhanced COVID-19 protocols and procedures are currently in place and some services may not be available or may be delayed. The best course of action is to do all planning WELL in advance and notify us of any need for traps or recovery space as early as possible. We thank you for your understanding.
Colony caretakers that have completed the Trap-Neuter-Return Workshop hosted by Community Cats Toronto may qualify for free equipment rental (a credit card number is required as a deposit).
Caretakers must provide proof of completion of the TNR course (a copy of your certificate). Anyone unable to provide this will be charged a flat rental fee of $10 per trap per week. Payment is to be by cash only and exact change must be provided.
Trap dimensions are as follows:
- Large live catch trap - 11" wide x 13" tall x 36" long
- Small live catch trap - 11" wide x 13" tall x 32" long
- Drop trap - (opened) - 36" x 36" x 15" tall, (collapsed) - 36" x 17" x 3"
A request to rent traps can be made by filling out the form a THIS LINK. Please note that we require a minimum of 48 hours notice to process trap rental requests. No drop in pick ups are permitted. After submitting this application, you will be contacted to confirm availability and arrange a pickup time at the Recovery Centre. Please do not come to pick up traps until you have been notified that they are ready. If you have not received notification within 48 hours of placing a request, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note the following rules regarding Trap rental policy effective April 15, 2021.
- Requests to rent traps MUST be received a minimum of 48 hours in advance. No drop in pick ups are permitted.
- Equipment may be rented for a MAXIMUM of 14 days after which it MUST be returned, otherwise overdue charges of $5 per trap per day will be applied. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS!
- If you need traps for a period longer than 14 days, then you will need to make a new reservation a minimum of 48 hours in advance of the return date, and once you have been notified that we have received your request, you can bring your traps back and exchange them for others.
- NO TRAP IS TO BE OUT OF OUR FACILITY FOR LONGER THAN 14 DAYS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!
- All equipment rentals are based on availability.
- Trappers are eligible to a maximum of 6 traps at any given time, again based on availability.
- To rent a trap, a credit card number must be left as deposit. We do not charge anything to the card until the rental period is over and at which point we will assess if charges are due.
- All payments for traps and late returns are due in cash only and must be in exact change.
If you require a trap divider a $60 CASH ONLY payment per divider must be left when picking up the dividers. This will be reimbursed upon return. Trap dividers are in limited supply and will not always be available when renting a trap.
If you need covers for your traps, we offer custom made trap covers for at a cost of $5 each. We also often have a supply of donated sheets or towels of which you are welcome to help yourself. This is dependent on availability. Inquire with the Recovery Centre staff.
Custom made folding drop traps and box traps are now available for purchase from Toronto Street Cats. More information can be obtained by inquiring at email@example.com.